With the Holidays approaching, I thought that I’d share with you one of my favorite techniques using IMAGINE Crafts’ Kaleidacolor inkpads with Fireworks craft sprays. By misting the brayer that’s inked with Kaleidacolor, the resulting blended colors sparkle with that touch of shimmer from the Fireworks. And of course since I love blue and silver for the Holidays, this card incorporates those in a simple and quick design.
Time to Create!
1. Cut/score card to A2 finished size (4¼˝ x 5½˝) from white cardstock.
2. Spray front of card with Fireworks Summer Sky; allow to dry.
3. Cut layering piece of white cardstock to 4˝ x 5¼˝.
4. Ink brayer with Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze. Mist with Fireworks Summer Sky until colors begin to blend. Roll onto white cardstock. Repeat until layering piece is covered.
5. Stamp Snow Flurry background stamp with Delicata Silvery Shimmer onto colored layer piece until covered.
6. Edge card with Silvery Shimmer.
7. Add decorative ribbon to layering piece.
8. Adhere layering piece with dimensional adhesive onto card base.
9. Stamp Triangle Tree onto Vertigo Taffeta with StazOn Emerald City; fussy cut tree.
10. Mount to layering piece with spray adhesive.
11. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock with Silvery Shimmer and trim to size.
12. Use dimensional adhesive to mount onto card.
IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze, Delicata Silvery Shimmer, StazOn Emerald City, Vertigo Taffeta, Fireworks Summer Sky
Memory Box Snow Flurry background stamp, Triangle Tree Stamp, Wonderful Time sentiment stamp
May Arts ribbon
Miscellaneous white cardstock, adhesives (regular, dimensional, spray glue), brayer
Like what you see on the ArtNewWave Blog? Then be sure to take a moment to “LIKE” the ArtNewWave Facebook page and keep up to date as to what projects I’m working on!